PDA

View Full Version : Video of black and white Ocellaris spawning

Chipie
07/12/2009, 04:15 PM
Hi,
Two of my black and white ocellaris decided to spawn this afternoon. Here's a video i took.

balck and white ocellaris spawning (http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o76/Chipie30-06/?action=view&current=Picture020-1.flv)

lmsmith
07/12/2009, 04:19 PM
This was a little while ago, but did you raise any of the fry? Have they spawned again?

Chipie
07/12/2009, 04:29 PM
Hi,
No this was this afternoon. :)

rkelman
07/12/2009, 05:06 PM
Very cool. Have you raised any?

Chipie
07/12/2009, 05:16 PM
Well they caught me by surprise. I probably won't raise this batch. I'll let them get the hang of it. :) It's their first batch of eggs. And the first time i've got some some spawning clownfish.

I have 2 pairs of B&W Ocellaris. I had to switch the males from both pairs a few months ago because one couple was not getting along, so i was kind of surprised to see those spawn this afternoon.
I know i'll need lots of rotifers to raise these.

How long until these eggs hatch?

rkelman
07/12/2009, 06:50 PM
Thats cool. Obviously it worked. How long to hatch depends on tank temp. At 82 degrees mine were hatching in 8 days. Now my tank is cooler so its 9 days. Yes you are gonna need lots of Rots. I have 3 salt pail cultures going for my pair.

Rob.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15347087#post15347087 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chipie
Well they caught me by surprise. I probably won't raise this batch. I'll let them get the hang of it. :) It's their first batch of eggs. And the first time i've got some some spawning clownfish.

I have 2 pairs of B&W Ocellaris. I had to switch the males from both pairs a few months ago because one couple was not getting along, so i was kind of surprised to see those spawn this afternoon.
I know i'll need lots of rotifers to raise these.

How long until these eggs hatch?

Chipie
07/12/2009, 06:56 PM
Yes i've read your thread about raising these clownfish on aquariumpros and here. I think i'll read some more.

Thanks Rob