PDA

View Full Version : Ready For Ozone... What to do next?

nauti1us
07/13/2009, 05:38 AM
I'm finally ready to take the next step and add ozone to my exisiting mixed reef system.

I have done some research and have become educated enough to be dangerous... all kidding aside, I am ready to add ozone but I want to add it on the conservative side. In otherwords, I want to add smallest unit that will work for my system.

I have a 210 Gallon mixed reef, heavily stocked with sps and lps. My fish load is moderate.

Does anyone with a similar sized/stocked system have any suggestions?

snorvich
07/13/2009, 07:35 AM
I use a unit made by ozotech; however I run a low level of ozone always rather than try to shoot for a specific ORP.

David - Miami
07/13/2009, 08:00 AM
I have considered adding it in the past, but it seemed a bit risky. There have been cases where to much has ozone has leaked into the tank and killed everything on here. That scares me.
I do hope that it works out for you though! Make sure you get a good reliable system.

nauti1us
07/13/2009, 08:01 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15349726#post15349726 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by snorvich
I use a unit made by ozotech; however I run a low level of ozone always rather than try to shoot for a specific ORP.

What size is the unit? And large is the system you have it on?

Thanks,

Matt

mcrist
07/13/2009, 12:53 PM
Ozotech is a good brand but you can also look into Sander. I have one that I have been using for a few years now with no issues. I purchased it from http://www.aquaticeco.com .

Overdosing your tank with ozone is a lot harder and less of risk then most people realize. Anyway, going slow is always a good idea in this hobby.

fishkid6692
07/13/2009, 02:35 PM
i have the red sea ozonizer 200. it's worked good for me for a few months.