PDA

View Full Version : Torch vs GSP

Str8outakompton
07/13/2009, 04:21 PM
will my torch keep the GSP under it in check? or will it start to grow on the base and take over?

patsfan1130
07/14/2009, 05:45 AM
You'll probably need a flame thrower & some land mines to keep it at bay.

betamed
07/14/2009, 09:21 PM
Mine stings it and keeps it at bay for now, Inevitable it will grow up the column. Rics have been the only thing that stops it for me

180+55reef
07/17/2009, 10:49 AM
I think eventually the gsp would work its way up the torch and choke it out

double_g2k
07/17/2009, 11:37 AM
+1 on GSP winning. It happened to my caulaustrea so there is not reason it won't happen here as well. Valuable info hearing that Rics hold it off though!

t4zalews
07/17/2009, 11:40 AM
GSP=pretty aiptasia

Octopus8
07/17/2009, 05:35 PM
The GSP doesn't do too well where my Torch Coral brushes up against it in the current, so you may be okay.

I agree that GSP= pretty Aiptasia, but I keep one large isolated rock of the stuff and it stays under control. The monthly GSP frags and Ricordea Yumas I trade in at the fish store pays for all the food, saltwater, replacement lights and other stuff my aquarium consumes. I only have to pay to power two Koralia Nano pumps and a Maxi Jet 900. Gotta love pets that pay their own way.

Lavender frilly mushrooms keep GSP at bay too, but then you have the problem of controlling huge aggressive mushrooms that reproduce like rabbits.

Str8outakompton
07/17/2009, 11:44 PM
ok thanks for the help guys ive been trying to find a way to keep it under control for quite some time.. ive been using razors to scrap/cut off the edges but what i really need is an underwater lawn mower :( im just trying to avoid leaving it out in the sun to die untill i can find someone who wants it. Im going to try to place a bunch of rics around it, maybe a combination of the 2 will keep it in its place.

afboundguy
07/18/2009, 09:06 AM
I have a hammer and a frogspawn near my GSP and it keeps it at bay...

Also if you want a think kalk paste works wonders on the stuff... But depending on how much you have it wouldn't be advisable to kill it off all at once because we all know what happens when you add too much kalk at once :(