PDA

View Full Version : 73.2 Gallon build advance opinions

NyReefNoob
07/13/2009, 07:52 PM
to start if someone can explain how to post picture's i will. i am in the process of building a new system. i'm not new to the hobby and never did a tank thread on here, i recently aquired a 36x24x22 1\2 acrylic tank with sump 30-16-16 plus stand and canopy, i am taking my time this round, ive had a few tanks over last 3 yr's currtly have a 52g cube sps dom, and a 24g ap lps dom. the switch over plans to be this, please add opinions from my plans good or bad. tank was stated it has a external overflow 1", plan to add a 1" back up. lighting is going to be 2 4 bulb ice cap t5 retro's, still figuring bulb choice, got to read grimm's thread again. skimmer is a msx 160 with pinwheel, tried my atb large and it's to much for the skimmer. flow vortech mp 20 and 2 modded 6025's, { love the tunze for over all flow } return is a gen x pc4, this will run a single 1" return in left upper corner, with hydor rotater on end { love those },as well as power my chiller, cal reactor, and carbon- phosban react. which mp20 on left side. skimmer will be in drain section, drain will go into filter sock, fuge area in middle on sump with 3" miricale mud with 20+ mangrove's, i know people have different opinions on those, but been using those for 2 yr's also, got 10 and still have 9 healthy one's, zero nitrates, and i keep too many fish, but it has worked. will add as i go, any opinions appriciated, rick