PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Experience

SnapDragon
07/14/2009, 11:53 AM
I loved Liveaquaria until now. I purchased some zoas last week and received no call from them that there was anything wrong with them. I received my tracking number which said they would be delivered today.

Then last night I double checked the shipment and it was cancelled by sender. I called them today and they said that I should have been notified that the coral, when packing it up "didn't make it".

Do the think I was born yesterday, zoas don't just die while packing. Even if you drop them, they are still bullet proof. Who knows what really happened, but poor customer service and poor excuses just got them moved to the bottom of my list.

RicksReefs
07/14/2009, 12:10 PM
uh? so you'd rather they sent you a coral that they discovered wasn't up to standards?
and yes, it's quite possible that they didn't know about until they went to pack it. keeping track of hundreds/thousands of corals is time consuming and little things sometimes get overlooked, but they caught the problem before it left the facility. I'd say the fact that they didn't ship it is a plus.
not being notified in time of the cancellation is another issue entirely.

BTW, I've never ordered from F&S.

dfs/la2
07/14/2009, 12:17 PM
SnapDragon,

Thank you for your post. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience with your LiveAquaria order. Please PM us with your order information and we will be happy to look into this matter further.

Chris C.
LiveAquaria (http://www.liveaquaria.com)
Drs. Foster and Smith (http://www.drsfostersmith.com)

SnapDragon
07/14/2009, 12:18 PM
Ricks Reefs,

I would agree with you if they had tried to notify me of the situation. I would imagine they either sold the same coral twice or it got transferred to the fragging area. As far as up to standards, I purchased it last week, and I am not sure about your zoanthids, but most often they don't go from 100% to 0% without someone knowing.

Either way, when I called their customer service was terrible and everything they said about the coral dying during packaging seemed fishy. Now if they would have said, we are going to need to hold on to it for a couple days to see if it comes back would have been a totally different story.

I have used them many times.

SnapDragon
07/14/2009, 12:23 PM
Chris,

I will go ahead and PM you.

Thanks

DFS/LA1
07/14/2009, 12:52 PM
Dear SnapDragon,

Thank you for your post and for taking the time to express yourself. We apologize that you were given mis-information regarding the health of the specimen. The Zoanthid did not perish, however was mistakenly sent to another customer.

We have refunded you in full for your order. It is apparent that we have not achieved our goals nor have we have provided you with the level of service you deserve. We will strive to make the necessary improvements to ensure this does not reoccur. We have placed a credit on your customer account, as a courtesy. Please PM us for further details.

Sincerely,

Linda T.
Supervisor
LiveAquaria.com
Drs. Foster & Smith

aquaticvet1
07/14/2009, 07:40 PM
SnapDragon,
I want to personally apologize for the misinformation quoted by my customer service agent. I am not sure why that happened but it was wrong, and my responsibility.

On my behalf, please accept a $200.00 gift certificate to LiveAquaria or Foster and Smith. My customer service representatives will see this and apply a gift certificate to your account. Additionally, you will be credited all your original expense.

I am sorry, Race Foster, D.V.M.

Peale
07/14/2009, 08:08 PM
Holy cow! I wish they would mess up one of my orders! ;)

Ralph ATL
07/14/2009, 08:54 PM
That is beyond service. WOW! I love this company.

Macimage
07/16/2009, 11:08 PM
This company is unbelievable!!

As I was reading this, I thought that a $20-$30 credit would be a nice gesture ("We have placed a credit on your customer account, as a courtesy").

A $200 credit is awesome!!

I love this company!!!

mrbncal
07/16/2009, 11:25 PM
A thank you is in order.

ryshark
07/17/2009, 01:35 AM
Less than 2-weeks until my tank is done being fallow of fish. I can't wait to stock up with some fish from this company. Its nice to know there are still a few companies out there with awesome customer service.

snorvich
07/23/2009, 08:46 PM
I have had only good experiences on the many orders I have placed. Livestock is livestock and there are occasional issues but certainly they were rectified in a timely and professional manner. Worth every penny to deal with a reputable vendor.

agreeive?fish
07/24/2009, 06:48 AM
WOW a 200 gift certificate/credit along with a full refund that is more than great customer service it is actualy more than fantasy come true customer service and unheard of for the most part in this world.

concidering the volume of buisness LA does on a daily basis it is only natural for something to slip thru the cracks because humans are involved in every aspect of the buisness and humans make mistakes but the way LA/DRS handle mistakes is why they are number 1 in the industry, Could you imagine what it would be like if your electric company, water company cable company, gas/heating oil company,phone company local car dealer, local relator, local bank, credit card company, grocery store ect actualy done buisness with customer satisfaction the way LA/DRS does it would be absolutly fantastic . i will continue to do buisness with LA and DRS for my hobbie needs

iFisch
07/24/2009, 01:59 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15407752#post15407752 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by agreeive?fish
WOW a 200 gift certificate/credit along with a full refund that is more than great customer service it is actualy more than fantasy come true customer service and unheard of for the most part in this world.

concidering the volume of buisness LA does on a daily basis it is only natural for something to slip thru the cracks because humans are involved in every aspect of the buisness and humans make mistakes but the way LA/DRS handle mistakes is why they are number 1 in the industry, Could you imagine what it would be like if your electric company, water company cable company, gas/heating oil company,phone company local car dealer, local relator, local bank, credit card company, grocery store ect actualy done buisness with customer satisfaction the way LA/DRS does it would be absolutly fantastic . i will continue to do buisness with LA and DRS for my hobbie needs

+1 - minus all the spelling mistakes. But then again, we are human! :)

evsalty
07/24/2009, 02:06 PM
10 days and the OP has yet to come in and say THANK YOU to Dr Foster? What is up with that?

I thought the same as for credited the account, $20 or so, but $200 is going above and beyond.

Superstretch18
07/24/2009, 02:18 PM
I've been toying with making an order through LA recently, but have been hesitant simply because I feel sooo much more comfortable seeing my selections in person before purchase.

The positive feedback on RC has gone a long way towards convincing me to give them a try, but I think the response in this thread pushed me over the edge. I'll see if I can help DFS make back some of that $200 sometime soon! :D

There are very few companies that stand behind their product & even fewer that back up their service; I'd much rather support those that do. Suffices to say, I'm super impressed by the response here...

iFisch
07/24/2009, 02:51 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15410178#post15410178 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Superstretch18
simply because I feel sooo much more comfortable seeing my selections in person before purchase.

At divers den section, everything is WYSIWYG.

It doesn't get better than this.

I was thinking the same, about supporting LFS's, but they don't have:

1) Nearly half the customer service DFS does.

2) Doesn't even offer a guarantee that the coral/fish/invert(s) will live - DFS offers 14-30 days. THAT's the main reason I order from them.

3) Nearly a quarter the selection DFS has.

Two thumbs up for DFS/LA. :D :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Garage1217
07/24/2009, 03:23 PM
WOW is all I can say. I have been trying to get the right freaking shaft / impellar off another company since the 4th of July! And after about 4-5 more screwups, delays & blame games they offer me a stupid 10% off my next order for the trouble. I about spit out my mountain dew when I read the oh so generous offer *LOL* Needless to say I will never order from them again!

VERY impressed with fosters & smith. Will definitely consider them on the next ordering occasion! They did not have to go this overboard for the hassle, but it sure shows they corrected the situation!!!

Now what does the OP SnapDragon think about his turn of luck / events?

evsalty
07/24/2009, 03:30 PM
Just searched and the op (SnapDragon) hasn't posted on RC at all since the last one on here.

Garage1217
07/24/2009, 03:43 PM
Wow, I figured he would be saying a few thanks. Could be busy or traveling but will keep watching the thread to see if he acknowledges the generosity :)

Clark Griswold
07/24/2009, 04:20 PM
Snapdragon was last online 7/19...I am sure she is busy.

evsalty
07/24/2009, 04:23 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15410819#post15410819 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Clark Griswold
Snapdragon was last online 7/19...I am sure she is busy. If she was last online on the 19th then I wounder why she did not say thanks or anything at all about Dr Foster's $200 gift certificate post on the 14th?

OwenInAZ
07/24/2009, 04:26 PM
Maybe she's too busy figuring out how to spend her $200 :)

Seriously, that was amazing customer service. I will definitely look more closely at my F&S catalog next time it comes!

evsalty
07/24/2009, 04:31 PM
I am thinking it is another woman scorned thing like yesterdays little event..lol.

I mean seriously if I saw that kind of response and from the owner of the company no less I would be saying thank you. Perhaps Clark misposted the date.

0rbital
07/24/2009, 06:01 PM
I like Dr. Fosters and Smith I order VHOs, halides, and other dry goods/chemicals from them regularly. They beat just about everybody on prices and shipping.

sen5484
07/24/2009, 08:35 PM
thats what it is all about right there.... hope you get everything you ever wanted... race keep doin your good deeds and the great will prevail...

macboat
07/25/2009, 01:07 AM
I believe liveaquaria will see more orders coming because of this thread.

Korrine
07/25/2009, 09:05 PM
I have ordered from drs f/s quite a few times. Fish once and I still have them and they are doing very well :)

I once had an issue w/a light bulb. It turned on the first day I put them in and then wouldn't turn on again. I switched out the "bad" bulb with a good bulb from another socket to make sure it wasn't the socket(or whatever you call the thing that you plug the light itself into) that was bad. The "good" bulb lit up right away.

I proceeded to call drs foster/smith with my order # in hand (glad I saved that paper) and told the customer service rep what happened. He then sent me a new bulb and a shipping label to send the bad bulb back to them. I didn't even have to pay shipping to send the bad one back. I'm thrilled they stand behind their products and do have such great customer service.

Korrine