PDA

View Full Version : Visiting San Francisco, which Aquarium to visit?!

AquaWave523
07/16/2009, 12:51 PM
Anyone from the Bay area? We're going to San Francisco for 4 days and we only have time to visit one Aquarium. It's either Aquarium of the Bay in San Francisco or the Monterey Bay Aquarium in San Jose.

Has anyone been to either? I did some research and Monterey Bay appears to be really good. But the one in SF looks really nice with the tunnel walk thru.

rcgates
07/16/2009, 01:21 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15362407#post15362407 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by AquaWave523
Anyone from the Bay area? We're going to San Francisco for 4 days and we only have time to visit one Aquarium. It's either Aquarium of the Bay in San Francisco or the Monterey Bay Aquarium in San Jose.

Has anyone been to either? I did some research and Monterey Bay appears to be really good. But the one in SF looks really nice with the tunnel walk thru.

A small correction, the Monterey Aquarium is in Monterey, not in San Jose, about 60 mile difference between the two locations.

I've been to both, though it has been a number of years since I went to the SF aquarium.

You can't go wrong with either one, the Monterey Aquarium is more geared with wild life from the Monterey area.

Also, I live closer to the Monterey Aquarium, and through the summer, locals get in free on the 20th of the month ;-)

AquaWave523
07/16/2009, 01:24 PM
Hey Craig! That's great....sorry for the misinformation. The one in SF is a lot cheaper, I'm looking for more of the uuuu and ahhhhs....im going with my parents so they will be more looking at normal looking fish. It has to be a nice environment too...

H.Veras
07/17/2009, 12:11 AM
i would go to the one in san francisco and after i would go t the Rain forest caffee a really nice place with lots of fish tanks..... good food too... monterey is really nice but it's too far away from the city..

AquaWave523
07/17/2009, 05:56 AM
I didnt think it was that far, i guess i'll skip Monterey. I thought its about 20 miles. lol