PDA

View Full Version : Closed Loop Vs. Vortech Pumps?

shaginwagon13
07/17/2009, 10:23 AM
I am thinking of getting a custom 130 Gallon for my condo and was wondering which was better and why....

A closed loop System Vs. Vortech Pumps

Thanks!

nikon187
07/17/2009, 10:46 AM
depends on what you like, how much you want to spend, how your rockwork is layed out. Closed loops can be hidden where as the vortecs can't but you can control the vortecs and have them talk to each other and the closed loop can't. I love my vortec pump and can't wait to get another

eho72
07/17/2009, 10:56 AM
I had to make the same decision when I was ordering my 120g tank: close loop or add 2 vortech mp40w. I spoke to some other people from our local reef community and decided to go with the vortech. I am so glad I went that route. The vortech adds so much more flexibility with the control. I use the nighttime mode, feed mode, anti sync features. Also, I think it looks great on the inside of my aquarium.

der_wille_zur_macht
07/17/2009, 11:14 AM
Initial cost will be about the same, but vortechs will be cheaper to run (less wattage) and far more flexible - you can move one in 3 seconds, whereas changing the output of a closed loop sometimes means tearing the whole system down.

shaginwagon13
07/17/2009, 11:43 AM
Alright guys thanks a lot for the input...2 Vortechs it is :)