PDA

View Full Version : flatworm exit question

mario4254
07/19/2009, 10:30 PM
well i just used 3/4 of the bottle on my 120 gl tank .............( i turned off my retur pump so my skimmer and 3 reactors loaded with fresh carbon are off line)
i think my flatworm problem was not extreme but im not sure how many there are in the system.........
its been bout 1 hr and i see some of the die and float abound not many most visible ones started to move around very fest not there is only few ones that i can see ..........there is only very few that are floting around so siphoning them out kinnda hard with hight water flow in the tank there are many of those small white star fish floting around so i think they are dieing........whats my next step? how long should i wait till i put the skimmer and reactors on? i have 40 gal of saltwater made up when should i do a water change?....................what will happen to all the dead worms that im unable to siphon out?

cubsFAN
07/19/2009, 10:37 PM
Well I've been using the fw exit on my 40 for a while and never had a bad problem. I didnt have a problem from the release of toxins on my tank. i run carbon every time i use it which has been about every 2 weeks since my original post on the subject except the first time i did it 2 weekends in a row i think. the directions should be followed, but i'd suggest dosing more. i still havent been able to kill them all and have added a 6 line which dosent seem interested. theyre tricky. make sure you follow up with more doses. id run the carbon and then turn your skimmer on after a couple hrs. watch how everything reacts. i had a lot of things that got upset, but the tank was fine in the end. Keep hittin' those guys till youre sure theyre all dead and can't forget...LETS GO CUBBIES!!! 4 IN A ROW!!!

mario4254
07/19/2009, 10:53 PM
thats right but we can only play washington 3 more times..........lol..........

cubsFAN
07/19/2009, 10:58 PM
Look out Phillies. Look out Cards. Cubbies are swingin the bats!!! LETS GO CUBBIES!!!
Here come the Cubs.
Here come the Cubs.