PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Corris Wrasse

stagcrazy
07/20/2009, 05:52 AM
i purchased a yellow corris wrasse on sat i introduced him in the tank and he went directly under the sand and not seen him yet since, is this normal for this fish i have a mystery wrasse and 2 filamented fairy wrasses but neither of them are bullys to any of my fishes the only other fish that looks sorta like him is a midas blenny but he minds his own buis what do u guys think.

deanos
07/20/2009, 06:00 AM
Normal.

edandsandy
07/20/2009, 06:38 AM
+1

We purchased ours in May, it did the same thing.... The first 6 weeks we only saw it in the overflow box...... 3 times, then it would come out a little at a time, the fish in the tank thought it was a new fish every time and chase it, back in the sand again, we are just now starting to see it out more and more, and the tank mates are finally leaving it alone!

wickedfish
07/20/2009, 12:00 PM
Very normal. I have mine as a juvi, now its a adult with purple dots on its tail. At. I never seen mine when i first got it for a couple of weeks. Then slowly it would come out more and more. Now he is out half the day swimming around half the day. The other half he is in the sand.

Western_reefer
07/20/2009, 12:12 PM
+1 with all of the above!

aquaph8
07/20/2009, 04:56 PM
be carefull, mine jumped out of the smallest hole I did'nt cover
it was a cool fish though
very sad

rgentry123
07/21/2009, 04:50 PM
exactly what everyone else said. i havent ever had a yellow coris wrasse but have a radiant which is in the same family. mine stayed hidden almost 6 days. i was crying like a baby and though it was dead then found it it in the overflow. i got him out of there and he still hid a couple days then started coming out. now he's out all the time.

mflamb
07/21/2009, 08:05 PM
I have 3 of them. I see 2 of them everyday and only see the third one about once a week.