PDA

View Full Version : aggressive true perc

romsoccer12
07/20/2009, 01:08 PM
have 2 juveniles in my 29gal biocube. i know one will start displaying dominance but is it normal for one to be swimming in the back corner looking a little beat up and every time he trys to come out he gets chased by my other clown. they both eat but the other one doesnt eat as much and will only eat food that gets close to him. the aggressive clown will bite my hand and it actually hurts sometimes

Nataliek2270
07/20/2009, 02:55 PM
I would seperate them, taking the most aggressive one out of your display tank and put him in QT for a while and then reintroduce them. This way the one getting the crud beat out of him can recuperate and start eating better/getting healthier. Try to reintroduce them in a week, or two if you can and if the one still gets the crap beat out of him, you may want to try to get a different percula replacement for the aggressive one IMO. Good luck!

romsoccer12
07/20/2009, 04:05 PM
well the aggressive one just got attacked by my porcelain crab. he almost died but luckily i was there to rip him out of the claws. ive never heard of this happening. now both are scared in the corner =(. the one that got beat up is swimming real wierd and a fin got cut off. do you think he will recover? ill try feeding them today. bibi porcelain crab