PDA

View Full Version : Queen Trigger feeding video II

barbianj
07/20/2009, 07:00 PM
Graphic warning - don't watch if you are offended by this sort of thing.

DPS - this shows her color better than the photos. She is over 13-1/2" now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8Mvgudy0uw

Mentat
07/20/2009, 07:08 PM
Awesome, just watch your fingers when feeding your great QT.

danorth
07/20/2009, 07:24 PM
Does not play well with others?! Great snapping sounds! Can't wait to see how mine grows.....trigger that is. JMC and I have a showdown in about 10 months to see who's queen grew the most.

saltyguy51
07/20/2009, 07:46 PM
Really nice fish!! Cant put anything with it at all?

Recty
07/20/2009, 08:00 PM
Wow, so graphic!

You tease your fish a little bit ;)

For what it's worth, the top down shots would be better if you could zoom back out a little bit, you're just a tad too close for ease of viewing.

barbianj
07/20/2009, 08:42 PM
Really nice fish!! Cant put anything with it at all?

Nope. I just took out the gravel & rocks to re-do the tank. I want to make some rock structures where some fast aggressive (and cheap) fish can escape to.

You tease your fish a little bit For what it's worth, the top down shots would be better if you could zoom back out a little bit, you're just a tad too close for ease of viewing.

Only for the camera. If you notice, the water is just below the plastic molding. She splashes too much water on the floor.

I'll zoom out a little more on the next one. I was tryng to keep an eye on my fingers.

Wow, so graphic!

Innocent algae had to give their lives for that video!

AdamTang
07/20/2009, 09:51 PM
haha great looking queen! haven't seen one that big in awhile! never seen them so aggresive towards seaweed lol

Jocephus
07/21/2009, 09:01 AM
Innocent algae had to give their lives for that video!

After the last video I assumed the red strip was beef jerky!:strooper:

DamnPepShrimp
07/21/2009, 11:13 AM
Sorry it has taken me so long to get to this video! I was on my phone the last few days, haven't been at a computer to view the vid.

I thought it was beef jerky too haha. I love the chomping sounds! She is getting huge!!! Definitely looks more yellow in that video, maybe because she is excited from the feeding. I bet her color changes. Still a gorgeous fish, loving the streamers! So what else are you feeding her? Your going to try damsels etc in with her?

kirkaz
07/21/2009, 04:08 PM
Beautiful fish Jerry...Very powerful! My brother didn't believe that my 4 inch Huma would draw blood in one bite if he stuck his finger in, he learned the hard way. Can't imagine what she would do to a finger if given the opportunity!!!

barbianj
07/21/2009, 07:17 PM
So what else are you feeding her? Your going to try damsels etc in with her?

Mostly NLS Pellets. She gets a small amount of mixed frozen meat each day, and algae sheets. Once a week she will get meat until she is full. And, no, I do not feed her beef jerky!

I'm still trying to think of a creative rock structure for her tank. The big Lunar Wrasse she killed had no where to hide. If I attach the rocks to each other, she will not be able to move them.