PDA

View Full Version : GHL ProfiLux beginner VS Neptune Systems AquaController Jr

manishkasera
07/23/2009, 05:42 AM
I was looking something to control my lights, my PH, tempreture and also may be later on to dose my tank.

All of you guys out there who have either used either of them or know about them can share your thought as to which one is better?

Paco
07/23/2009, 12:58 PM
I have only used the AC Jr. but I really like it. I also have an AquaSurf to control two Tunze 6100s, which is really great.

DaveMorris
07/23/2009, 03:17 PM
I'm a Reefkeeper guy, but have heard great things about both controllers.

James77
07/23/2009, 05:04 PM
The GHL will control Tunzes by only adding the coorect cables, with the ACjr you would need the $175 Aquasurf.

The GHL can control its own slave dosers, anywhere from 1-4 dosers per dosing unit. The ACjr would need to use one of its outlets per each doser.

If I were to choose between the 2, I would do the GHL, it is more advanced and more expandable than the AC. GHL will be releasing the Profilux 3 later this year, and there will be a heavily discounted upgrade package for those who buy a P2 right now.

I currently use a Reefkeeper Elite, but want to switch to GHL- they interface with PCs much better than the RKs do currently.

manishkasera
07/23/2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks to all of you.

Jim, you made my dicision I guess the answer is GHL.

James77
07/23/2009, 07:48 PM
I will add that the only downside I have against the GHL is the need for the main unit to be close to the tank, for the probes. I prefer ther remote mount of the RKE- however, GHL is coming out with a touch screen remote dispaly for the Profilux 3.

teesquare
07/24/2009, 04:17 PM
Another great advantage of the GHL is Micheal at Aqua Digital in Ottowa. The support he provides for the GHL is superb. Not to mention the scaleability of the GHL system itself. You will never be left out in the cold when the offer a new model. Up-gradeability is central to their business philosophy
T

cerreta
11/02/2009, 08:51 PM
Another vote for Profilux. Did you get one yet? The new P3 is out next month. The major advantage for me is that it can wirelessly connect to the internet and become controlled from anywhere in teh world. I travel a lot and that is a major plus.
Cheers,
Scott