PDA

View Full Version : What filters

reefman30
07/23/2009, 11:53 AM
I have a RO/DI unit I got about 6-7 years ago. I do not remember who I got it from or the gallons per day but it says oceanus across the front of it. It has 2 filters before the membrane and one DI chamber after. I have added another filter housing before the membrane so it now has 3 before.

My water is really bad. TDS reading of the feed line varies from 1000-1500 and the 3 prefilters and membrane knock it down to 100-150. Is there anything I can do to get it lower before going into the DI chamber. One DI does not last very long right now.

Here is a link to hte last water report
water (http://www.midlandtexas.gov/departments/utilities/2008%20Quality%20Report.pdf)

So i need to get new resin and was thinking about ordering a second housing for another DI chamber. ANything else?

Thefilterguys
07/23/2009, 07:09 PM
Your report does indicate chloramine as a disinfectant so you might want to consider our chloramine carbon block filter replacements. Your getting the best results you can expect from your membrane and DI resin. Nothing magic we can come up with to make things better. Adding a second DI housing will give you better control by changing first stage DI once you start to see an inch or two of color change in the second DI.

Jim