PDA

View Full Version : new anemone

one shot
07/23/2009, 11:27 PM
i have read many threads on anemone health and tried to choose the best one possible but i cant tell if my anemone is healthy or not i wanted to ask here to make sure it does not need any extra care. i bout it from a cheaper peat store in town that i usually consider the health of their animals. it attached itself right to a rock in my tank and has seemed normal but just wanted to make sure.
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr18/derek29/PICT0112.jpg

ocellaris123
07/24/2009, 07:34 PM
Your anemone is bleached thus not healthy. What is your lighting looking like? The species of anemone you have is a Condylactus anemone which hails from the carribean. Good parameters, adequate lighting, as well as supplemental feedings should help him recover to a purple, tan, or grayish color.

one shot
07/24/2009, 09:51 PM
i have a 400w metal halide and two 55w 50/50 t-5s. but at the store it was kept under one actinic and one 10k t5 bulb. my parameters are natrate 0, nitrite 0, ammonia 0, ph 8.0. i have been trying to feed it but it seems that whatever i try to feed it it just spits it out. i have tried shrimp and was going to get some silversides. but it takes stuff in and just spits it back out about an hour later. it is still sticky though.

ocellaris123
07/24/2009, 10:31 PM
Try feeding small chunks of food, or better yet mysis

Toddrtrex
07/24/2009, 10:36 PM
That is a very big change in lighting. You are going to need to acclimate it to your lights. I suggest using 3 layers of window screening b/t your tank and the lights, and removing one layer each week. Though considering the huge increase, might want to extend the time b/t removing each layer.