PDA

View Full Version : Help in purchasing RO home system

ssimpsonca
07/27/2009, 10:04 AM
I'm considering purchasing an RO system for my home for use with my tank. Does anyone have any experience with home systems, if so, what are your recommendations or considerations.

Thanks.

CaseysZ28
07/27/2009, 10:14 AM
check out melev's site. he has a bunch of good info on there.

http://www.melevsreef.com/ro_di.html

unhpian
07/27/2009, 10:17 AM
I'm a little confused - do you want to install a system just for tank use - or a system for your entire house?

I hope you are asking just for tank use - because, if you are talking about a whole-home system, well, may I ask why? Whole-house units defn have their place - but it's usually with very polluted groundwater where other options (GAC) just won't work. If you have decent, unpolluted source water - It won't be worth the money and waste water produced.

However, if you decide to go ahead with it - you will likely need between a 200 - 500 GPD system (depending on the size of your family), a storage tank, a supply pump, and a way to deal with the wastewater produced. Keep in mind - if you're producing ~250 gallons of water per day, you're generating > 1000 gallons of wastewater per day.

If you are talking about for use with just your tank, then disregard above. All systems are pretty similar, however i'd reccomend going with a RO/DI system with a booster pump.

ssimpsonca
07/27/2009, 10:25 AM
Thanks for your replies. I'm just looking for use with my tank. I'm tired of hauling 5 gallon jugs to an from the store.