PDA

View Full Version : Apex program question

SirVilhelm
07/27/2009, 01:57 PM
Quick question,

Instead of specifying a fallback state on an outlet can you program it to continue its current state at the time it lost communication with the Apex?

What I am running into is that my MH lights are set to Fallback off so when I bounce the controller my lights turn off then almost immediately the outlet regains power. I don't want to have the fallback turned on for the same reason, I would like the outlet to continue its current state, whether it is on or off.

clp
07/27/2009, 03:07 PM
What do you mean by "bounce the controller"?

Curt

SirVilhelm
07/27/2009, 03:10 PM
Bounce is to restart.

We use that term when referring to servers, "I am going to bounce that box tonight."

kenargo
07/27/2009, 07:06 PM
If you leave out Fallback then the EB8 remains in the state it was before loosing communications with the base; in effect it leaves the outlet in the last state.

kenargo
07/28/2009, 09:25 AM
I might have to recall this; I left Fallback off and it appeared to leave the outlet in the last state but I came back later and it was off (it should have been left on). We could have had a brown-out which would have caused the EB8 to init to off (since there was no fallback); so please test this theory...

I think the 'better' solution would be if Curt would entertain adding something like "Fallback Current" (or something simular) that will tell the EB8 to use last known state. This just sin't there currently.