PDA

View Full Version : Purple Tang On Hunger Strike.

wickedfish
07/28/2009, 02:23 AM
I have a 120g tank with A Aus.Tusk and Purple Tang and maroon clown. I have had the Purple Tang for about 6 months now. The past week it has not been eating. Its colors are fine, its swimming around. But it wont take anything. Advice. i soak everything with Garlic Extreme and Garlic guard. Advice.

LukFox
07/28/2009, 12:08 PM
Have you tested the water? At least exact results for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, pH, and temperature would be helpful to see. My purple only ever refused food when something was wrong. Also try feeding something not soaked in garlic. I've found some fish turn away from anything with it.

wickedfish
07/28/2009, 02:56 PM
I understand. The thing is i have had it for 6 months. It always eats like a champ. Just this last week it hasant been eating. The p.h is perfect at 8.3, no nitrates etc. salt level the same 1024. temp at 79 to 81. But its been like that for a couple of months. What do you feed yours. maybe, i can change his daily meal up. I feed twice a day. Just as much they can consume in 5 mins. Lil by the time. Thanks The husk is eating like a champ still so is the marron clown.

evsalty
07/28/2009, 03:07 PM
Could be some type of parasite that is getting into the advanced stages. Do you have a QT tank? If not I would try and set up one and move it over there. Are there any abnormilties of the skin?

LukFox
07/28/2009, 03:21 PM
Just to make sure, that "etc" stands for 0 nitrite and ammonia? If something was only a little bit off my tusk would keep eating, but the tang would stop. I'd do a water change just in case. It couldn't hurt. Does the tang's body weight look good? I fed mine new life spectrum pellets, flake foods, mysis shrimp, hikari marine algae, frozen formula two, a homemade blend of things from the grocery store, nori, etc.

danielp
07/28/2009, 10:56 PM
Simple nori on the clip just for start?

sanchoy
07/28/2009, 11:40 PM
I hope you are supplementing some sort of seaweed sheets as well. Sometimes they get fat.. and don't eat for a few days.