PDA

View Full Version : I've been thinking about using my empty 34G Solana as a seahorse tank...

Radioheadx14
07/30/2009, 01:25 PM
Would a 34g Solana tank be good for 2 pairs of H. erectus (20"x20"x20")? I have an empty Solana and wanted to get some seahorses once i get settled in my new place. It might be down the road once i get my 90g moved. I was planning on either modding the skimmer or getting a better one and replacing the stock return pump with a maxi jet. Also, i was going to use a 2x18w T5 fixture which i would probably just grow macros and maybe some ricordea and leathers.

Any one hear of/use a solana for keeping seahorses?

Elysia
07/31/2009, 10:12 AM
Yes. There may even be a thread on seahorse.org about Solanas and seahorses (although you may need to search for it.)It can be done.

3steele
08/07/2009, 04:59 PM
When you get it set up I would love to see some pictures! Me and my husband have a solana and when he upgrades to a bigger tank I was thinking of just using this as me and my daughters seahorse tank. She saw a seahorse online and fell in love. She is only 4 Oh my goodness she is going to be one expensive child! :D

rayjay
08/08/2009, 07:18 AM
How come so many hobbyists say "they're doing it for the kids"?:strooper: :D

3steele
08/08/2009, 07:34 AM
I do everything with my kid :) She really has a blast with it that's why. It also helps to teach a little discipline and responsibility which is always a plus. Plus my husband does not like dogs! Only fish! :lol:

Radioheadx14
08/08/2009, 04:02 PM
We'll it does help to start as a kid.... I started when i was 6 with firebelly newts.

It might be a while before this goes up. I'm still waiting to move.. and moving my 90g is probably going to be a pain in the butt... but i will be sure to post some pictures here once it is up.