PDA

View Full Version : What is too much output pressure?

Bygkid
07/30/2009, 03:23 PM
I bought and installed the Korallin 1502 package 2 from Marine Depot back in Dec 08.

For those that don't know, includes; C-1502 Calcium Reactor, Dual Guage CO2 Regulator Deluxe, 5 lb. CO2 Cylinder (Empty) and CaribSea 8 lbs Reactor Media.

Recently, the bubbles started being unreliable. I have checked the regulator, since there seems to be some issues with them, and it is opening and closing properly. In order to get any bubbles, I have had to increase the output pressure form my original 20psi to almost 40psi. Was thinking that the bottle may have been getting low, but I still show about 900 psi left on the other gauge.

Isn't 40psi a bit high. According to the directions, as I recall, saltwater may require as much as 30psi in order to work. My drip has remained pretty constant, just the buibbles have changed. I was also curious if the check valve may some how go bad and require more pressure to push through to the bubble chamber.

Thanks in advance for any insight or advice.

Bygkid
07/31/2009, 02:18 PM
oK, I guess I'm the only one.

After ALOT of trial and error, it turned out to be that the check valve had gone bad. Runs great without it in place.