PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic fabricaters: Anyone interested in a small project???

Kaos
07/30/2009, 05:01 PM
I want to build a small display out of acrylic (sort of like the ones you buy for model cars). The approximate dimensions of the top cover would be 10" l x 5" w x 5" t. I would like the base routed so the cover would sit in it slightly. If anyone is interested please pm and I will give the full details of what I'm looking for. TIA.

nim
07/30/2009, 07:51 PM
Kaos,
recess lid or any cover for that is a bad idea,gases will not escape and will be harmful,will this be reef or reef/fish build?

Kaos
07/30/2009, 08:00 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15446713#post15446713 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nim
Kaos,
recess lid or any cover for that is a bad idea,gases will not escape and will be harmful,will this be reef or reef/fish build?

This will be for a non-living object.

troylee
07/30/2009, 08:06 PM
I wouldn't mind helping you out but I'm not sure the rules and regluations of rc.......or who to contact to find out if its ok or not.....

nim
07/30/2009, 08:06 PM
dimensions sound ok I would go about 8 high though and have a bio filter on one end, also have surface skimmer cut for all water to enter the filter area pump water from filter through bottom of the filter chamber into bottom of display area about 1" from bottom will work,rock formations around inlet but don't totally block, this will force water through rock and force debris to the top to be filtered...

Kaos
07/30/2009, 08:14 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15446799#post15446799 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by troylee
I wouldn't mind helping you out but I'm not sure the rules and regluations of rc.......or who to contact to find out if its ok or not.....

We'll just keep this to pm's. I advertised here because I thought this would be the best place to find fabricators.

BTW, sent you a pm w/ a little more clarification as to what I'm looking for.

chrismunn
07/30/2009, 08:23 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15446800#post15446800 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nim
dimensions sound ok I would go about 8 high though and have a bio filter on one end, also have surface skimmer cut for all water to enter the filter area pump water from filter through bottom of the filter chamber into bottom of display area about 1" from bottom will work,rock formations around inlet but don't totally block, this will force water through rock and force debris to the top to be filtered...

what? :lol: