PDA

View Full Version : Haddoni Carpet question

prison police
07/31/2009, 09:04 PM
I just placed my carpet in my tank. Its not wanting to place its foot. It just wants to lay on its side on the sand. Is this a common thing? My saddle pair will lay in it at night while its laying there.Its been 24 hrs since added to my tank and getting worried. Thanks all.

Coral Hind
08/01/2009, 07:00 AM
I don't feel that it is that common with a healthy specimen but there isn't much you can do but wait. Is the pedal disc damaged? Have you tried to feed it? Can you post a picture of the foot and mouth?

rkelman
08/01/2009, 07:33 AM
Mine floated around my tank for a week. I wouldn't be too worried about it. In the past I've picked my spot and dug the sand out from under the rock and pushed the foot into the hole. Then I pushed the sand around the foot to hold it in and it grabbed hold and stayed. Make sure you pick a spot that is between the rock / substrate and dig it so the nem can get its foot to the glass. Make sure they can get light and some flow as well (not too much flow)

prison police
08/01/2009, 12:09 PM
thanks all. foot and mouth look good.looks to be partially ahold of a rock now but cant really tell.thanks again.

elegance coral
08/01/2009, 06:51 PM
You may want to keep an eye on those saddle backs. They can be real rough on their host.