PDA

View Full Version : new tang question/???

ajolie30
08/01/2009, 11:42 AM
hi i just added a kole tang to my 180 gallon tank its been three days since he has been in there and i don't see him much because my salfin and my tomini are constantly going at him... I know it takes some time for them to get used to each other but will they ever let the kole be able to come out of hiding he suck a beautiful fish

ajolie30
08/01/2009, 01:25 PM
bump

badwrasse
08/01/2009, 02:11 PM
this will not change. it a territory thing tags are bad for this. if this continues the kole tang will get more stressed and mabe get sick or die fish can and will die from stress.

badwrasse
08/01/2009, 02:15 PM
you should do more reseach before you buy a fish to make sure they will get along with the fish you already have.
also your most aggressive fish (like tangs) should go in last.

did you add the other to tangs at the same time? suprised they get along

sedor
08/01/2009, 02:30 PM
In a 180 I think you've got a good shot at the kole coming around. The general rule is not to keep tangs together with similar body shapes. The Kole is definately similar to the sailfin, but then again, you have a large tank and there are ALWAYS exceptions to the rules. I would just give it some time and hope for the best.

badwrasse
08/01/2009, 02:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15455816#post15455816 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ryandlf
In a 180 I think you've got a good shot at the kole coming around. The general rule is not to keep tangs together with similar body shapes. The Kole is definately similar to the sailfin, but then again, you have a large tank and there are ALWAYS exceptions to the rules. I would just give it some time and hope for the best.

this is true depends on type but allso depends on the fishes personality

in other words might not be able to keep kole tang but might keep a yellow.

size of tank does matter, its the only reason your tamini and sailfin are not fighting.

badwrasse
08/01/2009, 02:55 PM
ya he could come around but I doubt it

Aquaman777
08/02/2009, 03:15 PM
I agree with badwrasse.

lkeffect
08/02/2009, 03:48 PM
I agree with badwrasse as well. If you are going to try to keep it I would rearrange your rock work to change the territory a bit. I'd guess it's going to be one of the only ways that Kole is going to have a chance.