PDA

View Full Version : Rainford's Goby flashing

small alien
08/01/2009, 10:14 PM
Greetings Friends. I just got a Rainford's Goby today. It's in a 10 gallon established QT with sand and LR. I picked it up because it's been at the LFS a little while and it's a chunky little thing which tells me it is eating and competing for food with a random bunch of fish.

So, anyway, I saw it flash a few times. What do you recommend I do?

Hypo salinity, which I would prefer over medication if it is ich, would kill the sand and rock, no?

There are also a couple of suncorals in there (stupid). How can I transfer them to the main tank without bringing any pathogens from the QT?

Thanks. I just offered some prawn roe and it ate a little. It looks healthy as a horse other than the flashing. Fattest one I've ever seen. Thanks. small

less than 10
78-80

rick8335
08/02/2009, 06:32 AM
If he is big and showing signs of flashing with only eating a little, he might have a internal parisite of some sort

small alien
08/02/2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks, Richard. I don't know about big. He just looks healthy. I'll keep your though in mind.

Anyone have any thoughts on transferring the sun corals without transferring whatever is bothering the Rainford's?

Thanks.

Peter Eichler
08/03/2009, 12:59 AM
Perhaps try a dip in Prazirpro to see if it's flukes of some type.

small alien
08/03/2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks, Peter. Are there any times when flashing isn't a sign of disease or parasites. I just saw it do it 3 times right in a row and haven't seen any flashing since in a day and a half. Could it have just had something stuck in it's gills (it sifts) like a little rock?