PDA

View Full Version : feeding queston

scubacane
08/02/2009, 02:39 PM
I wanted to get some general impressions from others on the various food items I have been offering my livestock. I have a 28 G JBJ HQI 186 watt tank that is 12 months old with 3 fish- a clown, a blenny and a lawnmower goby, numerous small polyp stonies, 2 seperate colonies of frogspawn, torch polyps, some zooanthids, a plate, an austria colony, 3 candy cane polyps,and a sinularia colony- I changed from 14 K bulb to a 20 K bulb in Jan and have been pleased with the way my corals have colored up over the past few months. I am not sure however if I am optimizing the way I feed my corals and fish though. I have tried various items and would like an opinion on each item-
1. Tropic Marin pro-coral phyton- a freeze dried product
2. Tropic Marin pro- coral zooton- ditto
3. freeze dried cyclopeeze
4. frozen rotifers
5. frozen reef plankton
6. I feed my fish daily with formula one marine pellet food
I have tried all of the above coral foods in various combinations and frequencies averaging an every other day feeding.
Are the freeze dried products crap? Should I stick with frozen foods, and how often. Any advice is appreciated. Overall I am happy with the look of my corals- some of my SPS have grown very well, while my softies have nice color but not much growth

cherubfish pair
08/02/2009, 06:36 PM
You must decant the juice off all frozen foods or you will get GHA. The juices are full of nutrients.