PDA

View Full Version : Plug 7 will not turn off please help

gowingsgo
08/03/2009, 08:02 AM
I have a AC Jr. About two months old and out of no were the plug #7 will not turn off. I keep my Fuge light on this outlet. it is supposed to turn on at 00.00.00 and turn off at noon but even in manual mode it will not turn off. any help would be great thanks

kenargo
08/03/2009, 10:53 AM
Is the light small?

As a test plug something more substantial into the outlet and test again; very small devices with low currect can be finicky with the non-relay ports (4 and 8). The test will show is you have a bad port on the DC8 or if the light was just on the edge and as things settled down moved just below the threshold.

gowingsgo
08/04/2009, 06:55 AM
Ok I to plugged in a large pump into #7 and still got the same result the plug stays on all the time even if I turn it off. It is still Live. Should I try to unplug the hole setup and then plug it all back in will this reset my code? Will I have to reprogram the AC Jr. I have not had any type of power outage so I do not know how all that works yet. I do believe that the system is not supposed to lose any programming during a power outage.
Thanks
Paul

pitogo
08/04/2009, 10:21 AM
I've got the same problem. My DC8 channel A6 just died and is stuck ON won't turn off or go into auto. I have 3 power heads on it, they're just small ones and it was working. I've unplugged the entire DC8 and controller and had it rest for a bit but when I plug it in its just gets stuck in the ON position. I temporarily setup an X10 Appliance module on A6 to replace it. Is there a way to fix the DC8?

kenargo
08/04/2009, 10:32 AM
If, after unplugging and plugging back in the DC8 the outlet is not off then it is more likely something broken. You can contact Neptune for repair services.

I have heard of people replacing the triacs (which is a likely component of failure) but I have not personally done any repairs so I am unable to comment on how easy/difficult it would be to do.

pitogo
08/04/2009, 10:56 AM
Thanks Ken, I was afraid of that... broken triac.