PDA

View Full Version : Sorry but another question

thebradybunch
08/03/2009, 06:35 PM
I have gotten most of the APEX installed and working and I have noticed one issue that bothers me. The APEX is showing my PH to be 8.84. I have never had a PH monitor and only checked my PH using an API test kit which has always shown my PH to be 8.3 or lower. Do you think my PH is really this high, does the probe need to settle in? Yes I did calibrate it. Do most of you have you Temp Comp turned on or off?

thebradybunch
08/03/2009, 10:09 PM
Ok I don't know what is going on with my APEX. The PH probe will not calibrate correctly. In the 10.0 solution it will read dead on however in the 7.0 solution the closest it will get is 7.12, however when I put the probe in the sump I have gotten readings from 6.6, 7.4, and 8.9. Does anyone have any suggestions?

kenargo
08/03/2009, 11:41 PM
When you calibrate do NOT pay attention to the values shown; they do not represent a valid reading.

Once calibration is complete, then do a retest and place the probe in each solution; then it should read the correct value.

tridacna5
08/04/2009, 08:19 AM
Try testing some of your tank water in a separate cup and see if the fluctuations continue to occur. You may have stray voltage in the tank which is causing the fluctuation in the readings. The probe could also be too close to another probe or lights.

thebradybunch
08/04/2009, 09:08 AM
When you calibrate do NOT pay attention to the values shown; they do not represent a valid reading.

Thanks for the replies. I am not looking at the values that change as you calibrate the probe. After the calibration is complete I rinse the probe and put it back in each solution to verify it is correct. When the probe is in the 10.00 solution the probe shows 10.00 or 9.99 close enough, however in the 7.00 solution the closest reading I have been able to get was 7.12.

Try testing some of your tank water in a separate cup and see if the fluctuations continue to occur. You may have stray voltage in the tank which is causing the fluctuation in the readings. The probe could also be too close to another probe or lights.

I will try that when I get home. Thanks again.