PDA

View Full Version : New filters

KillerReef
08/04/2009, 11:16 PM
Hi, I need to replace some filters, but not sure which ones. I have had my RO/DI unit(from a different company) for about five years and in that time have only replaced my sediment, carbon and DI. I just changed those 3 out about 5 days ago and have made about 70 gallons of water with them. My DI has already changed color and I was told that is because I did not change out my membrane also. So, I'm looking to replace my membrane and DI. I figured out which DI cartridge but not which membrane to get. My current unit has a 50gpd, can I upgrade to a 75 or 100gpd membrane? I use this only for my saltwater tank for topoff and to make my own SW for water changes. As soon as you let me know what to get, I will order them from you since your prices are way cheaper than anywhere else.

Also, I think I need to calibrate my TDS meter, do you guys carry a calibration fluid?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

ReefingMadness
08/05/2009, 05:32 PM
I do not work for AWI. You should be able to upgrade to a 75 or 100 GPD membrane. You will also need the respective flow restrictor. I don't know what unit you have now so you may need to contact them. You can post the info. here and I will try to help. I don't think any staff from AWI really checks in here so a call may be more helpful. They really have a good track record as far as that goes.

KillerReef
08/05/2009, 05:37 PM
cool, thanks for the reply, thru a little research elsewhere I found out I don't need to upgrade, I will give them a call, thank you...