PDA

View Full Version : biocube protien skimmer

Fishboy321
08/08/2009, 03:38 PM
i was thinking about buying the protein skimmer made for the bio cube. Has anyone used it before and what do you think about it? Is it worth the investment?

sweet d
08/08/2009, 03:49 PM
i have the 29 gal cube and bought the uv sterilizer my lfs said it was the better inv. so ar so good ;)

unbreakable
08/08/2009, 09:06 PM
for your size, look at other brands than the biocube skimmer. they make better ones for the bc29. if you had the 14g then there's not that many options in skimmers so it could only help

Fishboy321
08/09/2009, 09:47 AM
such as?

Tadashi
08/09/2009, 11:23 AM
I use the CPR 2R+ on my BC14. However, I had to switch the Acella pump with a Rio 800vlt so it will fit in the first chamber and return to the middle (2nd chamber).

The Marineland (similiar to the MJ) submersible pump may fit better than the powerheads for increased capacity. You can also likewise put the Remora on it but I did not like it as the flow is reversed. It inflows on the left and outflows on the right.

I am sure there are other skimmers available those are the two I had on hand. The biggest problem to overcome is dealing with the small space in the first chamber.

If you place the pump in the 2nd chamber then you just need to raise the water level and possibly connect the pump to the skimmer with some tubing.