PDA

View Full Version : newbie

RealReef7
08/08/2009, 05:41 PM
Okay I always fed these guys too my triggers as a treat every time I got one from a LR.. Now I want to set up a mantis tank something simple. How much does it cost to set up a standard mantis shrimp tank? What kind of filters will I need? I have 2 hang on filters btw.. do I have to cycle tank or can I just dump my tank water and a couple of rocks and sand?

JothamTheSlayer
08/08/2009, 06:05 PM
first off shame on you for feeding your triggers mantises :(

you need the standard equipment as you would need for any tank

the tank, sand, rock, light, heater and filters
the cost will vary depending on what you get and where you get it

you always have to cycle saltwater tanks, or at least wait to make sure they're stable before adding live stock. As you would expect, a mantis tank will be no different.

where all you getting all these stomatopods from anyway?

RealReef7
08/08/2009, 06:18 PM
Lfs. Hes got like 4 different kinds. I have a 10g tank, a hang on filter, heater, sand and rock. Btw the reason why I ask is because.. along time ago I found the rock where a mantis was hiding I boiled the rock then put it in ice cold water... then I left it in a dish full of Fresh water.. came back 30 mins later and it was swimming around.. Then finally I just used him as trigger food.

micstarz
08/08/2009, 07:19 PM
I wouldn't continuously repeat and hammer in the fact that you are feeding these guys to your triggers in the Stomatopods forum if I were you. :lol:

RealReef7
08/08/2009, 07:43 PM
Sorry about that lol. Its just in the past they ticked me off so much.

JothamTheSlayer
08/08/2009, 07:46 PM
lord help you if Dr. Roy hears of this :eek2:

Haramdar
08/08/2009, 09:14 PM
lol....poor lil mantis
:( :mad: :rolleye1: :eek: