PDA

View Full Version : What to use for dipping zoas

Jmonks
08/12/2009, 09:35 PM
I want to dip some zoas before I place in my new tank. What method do you use and what products?

kkdoughboy
08/12/2009, 09:40 PM
Chocolate is always good if your hungry. Tropic Marin or Lugols is prly better if you wanna keep them ;)

JuliusJames
08/13/2009, 01:26 AM
I agree. Chocolate is good for that craving temptation. I've always used revive by Julie Sprung. There might be better products out there but this always worked for me

Jmonks
08/13/2009, 06:11 AM
Go figure I never would have thought of chocolate.
Thanks

Guygettnby
08/13/2009, 08:11 AM
i use revive or an iodine based dip depending on what i am dipping for. but i really like using the revive coral dip. it is a very good product that seems to work very well for many different things.

mfinn
08/13/2009, 09:29 AM
If the zoanthids are getting are wild colonies, they may have nudibranchs. For this you should consider doing this dip.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=451720

For frags from another reefer that are known to be safe from preditors I'd use revive.

1DeR9_3Hy
08/13/2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the link mfinn! Ive been looking for it.

mfinn
08/13/2009, 09:56 AM
MUCHO later uped the dosage of Lugols to 4-5 drops.
I actually use a little more now. I use 6-7 drops per gallon of water.

650-IS350
08/13/2009, 10:20 AM
I went from lugols, to TMPCC and now to Revive.

Mike92
08/13/2009, 05:06 PM
What does revive do that iodine doesn't? Does it kill flatworms too?

Korrine
08/13/2009, 05:40 PM
i use revive

650-IS350
08/13/2009, 11:08 PM
ReVive Coral Cleaner - General Information
Two Little Fishies ReVive Coral Cleaner™ is a new product developed by Julian Sprung for cleansing live stony corals. It is a surface cleaning formula based on plant extracts. Use for all general purpose live coral cleansing, as a part of acclimation to aquariums when corals are first received, for rinsing prior to shipping, and for rinsing newly fragmented corals, such as at coral farming facilities. 500 ml (16.8 fl oz) bottle.

When to use: Designed for all general purpose live coral cleansing, including the acclimation of live corals to aquariums, and rinsing newly fragmented corals.

Directions: Mix 4 capfuls (40ml) of ReVive per gallon (3.8 L) of clean saltwater in a bucket or other container suitable for bathing coral. Wash coral in this mixture for a few minutes, while gently swirling it or using an air stone for agitation. After the bath, remove coral from the ReVive/saltwater mixture and place it in a saltwater aquarium with moderate water flow. The ReVive/saltwater mixture may be used again for cleaning several corals, but it should be discarded after 1 hour of use.

Note: For cleaning live corals only. ReVive is not a medication, nor is it intended to be a substitute for any medication. Not for use as a household cleaner. Not for human consumption. Not intended for use with fish intended for human consumption.

Keep out of reach of children: Keep cap tightly sealed. In case of contact, wash immediately from skin and clothing with plain soap and water. If swallowed, do not induce vomiting. Drink a full glass of water, and call a physician. Irritating to eyes upon contact. In case of eye contact, flush eyes with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes.

Contains: Oleum abietis 0.5%, Citrus limon 0.5%

ReVive Coral Cleaner - Extended Information
This information is based on personal experience and your individual results may vary:

Two Little Fishies ReVive Coral Cleaner is a surface cleaning formula for live soft, LPS and SPS corals.

When to use: Designed for all general purpose live coral cleansing, including the acclimation of live corals to aquariums, and rinsing newly fragmented corals. ReVive may also be used to disinfect damaged or infected corals.

Why use: Few Fish stores and online vendors treat their new corals with any coral dip. Over time, their system becomes infected with parasites that travel from their system to your aquarium. Most hobbyists are infected, but few know it. Those who do know, have spent hours and hundreds of dollars to eliminate pests like Acropora Eating Flatworms, Little Red Bugs, Planaria Flatworms, Zoanthid and Montipora Eating Nudibranchs and Sundial Snails, when they could have treated their corals with ReVive. Think of ReVive as an insurance policy, you've already spent thousands of dollars on your saltwater aquarium, now keep it free of pests.

Post Acclimation & Newly Fragged Coral Directions: Mix 4 capfuls (40ml) of ReVive per gallon (3.8 L) of clean saltwater in a bucket or other container suitable for bathing coral. Do not overdose! Wash coral in this mixture for 2-3 minutes and then rinse in fresh saltwater to remove any residue. Place newly dipped coral into aquarium or quarantine tank.

The ReVive/saltwater mixture may be used again for cleaning several corals, but it should be discarded after 1 hour of use. Never add ReVive directly into your aquarium!

Damaged Coral Instructions: Mix 4 capfuls (40ml) of ReVive per gallon (3.8 L) of clean saltwater in a bucket or other container suitable for bathing coral. Do not overdose! Remove any deteriorating flesh from the coral with a soft brush. Wash coral in this mixture for 2-3 minutes and then rinse in fresh saltwater to remove any residue. Place newly dipped coral into aquarium or quarantine tank.

Infected Coral Instructions: Mix 4 capfuls (40ml) of ReVive per gallon (3.8 L) of clean saltwater in a bucket or other container suitable for bathing coral. Do not overdose! Wash coral in this mixture for 2-3 minutes and then rinse in fresh saltwater to remove any residue. Place newly dipped coral into aquarium or quarantine tank.

ReVive can be used to treat Acropora Eating Flatworms, Little Red Bugs, Montipora and Zoanthid Eating Nudibranchs, Planaria Flatworms, Sundial Snails and many other parasitic pests. Please note that ReVive will not kill the eggs of many of these species and multiple treatments may be required. For best use, quarantined your corals and examine them daily for signs of infestation. Repeat treatment as necessary

amore169
08/14/2009, 09:24 PM
Very good info.