PDA

View Full Version : Help! What are these?

robertshear
08/13/2009, 05:08 PM
I posted this in the other inverts section, but don't know if that was correct.

I have a zoanthid garden in a corner of my tank. There are some areas where my livestock cannot get to between my rock and glass. I usually see many tiny creatures hanging out here. Most are tiny organisms about 1/8 of an inch or smaller. I dont know if they are copepods or something else, but you can clearly see them moving. I am not worried about these. Today I was looking and saw a bunch of small ball like things. They are white, and almost look like closed zoanthids, but I know they are not. they have a small hole in the middle of them, and are round. The biggest ones are about a quarter of an inch and get smaller. What are they, and are they something I should try and get rid of?

Also, I saw some kind of creature come out of a hole and it disappeared quickly. I dont know how to describe it. It almost looked clear, and it moved fast. It was kind of creepy looking. It was about a half an inch, and I really don't know how else to describe it. Any ideas?

Please help!

Janice12
08/13/2009, 05:13 PM
Syconoid Sponges sounds like what you are describing. They're harmless, but in rare cases they can reach plague proportions due to too many organics in the water.

I have no clue what the creepy looking thing is. :lol:

robs.mark
08/13/2009, 10:08 PM
pistol shrimp?

robertshear
08/13/2009, 10:59 PM
definitely not a pistol shrimp

robertshear
08/13/2009, 11:00 PM
sorry, didnt mean that to sound rude, any other ideas????????