PDA

View Full Version : Bringing livestock to another Country

newmoon
08/14/2009, 06:34 PM
I'm going to live in Brasil for a couple of years and want to bring some livestock if possible with me in the plane. Does anyone here knows if it's viable? Anyone from Brasil here that could help me out?

thanks in advance for any help!

mikey3165
08/14/2009, 07:02 PM
i think it would be illegal because you are not allowed to transport and type of living thing unless you have a transporting permit as a corla exporter in fiji would have... so i am pretty sure they will not let you... sneeking it would be a different thing which would be difficult in keepin the corals alive

Tang Salad
08/14/2009, 07:06 PM
Unfortunately what you're describing is smuggling. There may be a way to get the proper import permission from Brazilian customs, but that's never an easy task.

andrewkw
08/14/2009, 07:22 PM
I would think fish could be done since they don't fall under cites. I would imagine corals would be next to impossible. It would also probably be easier if you go there get settled and have someone ship the fish to you airport to airport.

newmoon
08/14/2009, 09:32 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15531768#post15531768 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tang Salad
Unfortunately what you're describing is smuggling. There may be a way to get the proper import permission from Brazilian customs, but that's never an easy task.

IF I bring ANY livestock with me, it would have to be by legal ways. That's why I asked. ;)
A license, a form or something that would allow me to bring some things with me.

It may be too much work in the end to be worth it, though.

Thanks guys!

Tang Salad
08/15/2009, 08:43 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15532457#post15532457 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by newmoon
IF I bring ANY livestock with me, it would have to be by legal ways. That's why I asked. ;)
A license, a form or something that would allow me to bring some things with me.

It may be too much work in the end to be worth it, though.

Thanks guys!
Sorry, I didn't mean to imply that you were going to do anything illegal! :)

There's some information on these pages (http://gobrazil.about.com/od/bringingapettobrazil/ss/brazilpettravel.htm). They may not address fish/corals specifically, but at least it's a start.