PDA

View Full Version : Help with my GHT

Gotsoup
08/15/2009, 09:47 PM
SO I took out the CT in hope my GHT would make a recovery, he was out more the last two days and I thought he was getting a little better, but tonight I came home and he has bloody spots on him from slaming into things, his eyes are very cloudy and I assume he is blind. He either angles straight down to the ground or straight up on the surface looking at the lights. I am absolutly sick about this... Should I watch him or put him in the freezer? I have never seen a fish in as bad of condition as him. Plus I think my others are starting to sense his weakness and pick on him.

billsreef
08/16/2009, 06:46 AM
Sounds like secondary infection has set in. I'd try treating in a QT with either nitrofuran or SW Maracyn 2.

Gotsoup
08/16/2009, 09:39 AM
He's gone... and not just dead, but completely missing! The only place I havent chacked is my overflows because most of them are built under a wall and very difficult to get through. The only other thought was that he jumped and either the cats or dogs grabbed him before I saw them this morning.

barbianj
08/16/2009, 09:45 AM
Rough crowd there.

Recty
08/16/2009, 02:29 PM
They are very good at hiding in the rocks, he could still just be in hiding.

Gotsoup
08/16/2009, 04:02 PM
Nope, he ended up in one of the overflows... Man I have never had a trigger act like that. He must have had issues from the shipping. But it makes me weary to order a second one.

FishyMel
08/16/2009, 05:46 PM
That really is unfortunate. If you would like to try another I would order from Liveaquaria Diver's den. Even after incomptent shipping mine came in in beautiful, super healthy, well-fed shape. He is extremely fat and happy after a week and a half. The first couple days he hid a bit , but now is all over the tank all the time and eating like a pig. He is absolutely free of illness and his filaments on his top fins are about a half inch longer and he is already growing 2 more. I have never had a better fish buying experience.

I hope your blueline is doing alright though.

Gotsoup
08/17/2009, 12:35 PM
Blue line is Beautifule, but the GHT introduced ick into my system... so hopefully everything will survive the tretment.

Damascus
08/17/2009, 08:29 PM
That freakin sucks.