PDA

View Full Version : Vodka? What if mine like Chivas Regal?

Servillius
08/15/2009, 10:05 PM
Lets be honest here, vodka is all fresh and new and like any other fresh and new thing you throw in a tank, probably just going to rot and ruin something. Chivas on the other hand has been aged for at least 12 years, you ain't seen cured till you see whiskey cured. Aged in oak barrels nonetheless. Or forget the Chivas, how about we go for some of that 16 year old Laphroig. Thats some good peaty stuff, it sure makes me happy. And its made out of like 1000 year old peat. What's more like a good, solid deep sand bed than a good Scottish peat bog. Hell, Laphroig is probably like God's way of supplying fish-keepers with the essence of deepsandbededness. Or some sort of bededness, thats usually where I wake up the next morning... usually.

Ok you're saying, this is silly David. None of these have anything to do with salt water. True, too true, but no reason to give up. When I hear salt water, I think pickling liquid. Now what finer pickling liquid is there than the good strong olive juice in a perfect dirty dry martini? Gin. Gin is what we were meant to be throwing in our tanks... with a bit of vermouth... and, err, does anyone know if the pimento is reef safe, or do I take it out before I make my little round green live rock display?

Ok, I admit I did read the bottle while I was mixing the previous martini. Something about 1000's of herbs and spices in that gin. Could be any one of those is copper and I'd never know it, not until I sleep it off anyway. Also, nobody in their right mind trusts that vermouth stuff. But so what, martini's are effete 1950's silliness anyway. We can do better, we have salt, we have a really big glass... gimme tequila and a can of minute maid concentrated lemon. Can you say margarita?

Oh fine, all the sugar may be overkill. I have fresh fish, I have seaweed... can we at least get a bottle of sake over here and talk this out?

IridescentLily
08/16/2009, 12:29 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y181/lush-a-lot/Animations/rotfsmiley.gif

*takes the liquor away and hands you a glass of water*

coral_lagoon
08/16/2009, 12:55 AM
lol!

:lmao: :lmao:

coral_lagoon
08/16/2009, 12:56 AM
Well written to..

lancer99
08/16/2009, 02:24 AM
Indeed! :)

I always figured anyone silly enough to pour vodka into their tank would have to pour a lot more down their throat first...and this is the proof (geddit?), kinda.

-R

ant1k
08/16/2009, 03:14 AM
haha drunken rambling lol :p

Teelabrown
08/16/2009, 09:21 AM
Your tank is doing fine being crazy on its own.

Today Congressman Tyvre (our big purple bristleworm) crawled INTO the STOMACH of our anemone to get at the squid David had fed it. David had to grab it with tongs and pull it out! Now the cheeky bastard is CHASING the arrow crab around the tank to get at the piece of squid Reginald stole from the anemone earlier.

Here is our Dynamic Duo. No booze for them. They be crazy 'nuf as iz.
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/222967Bit_more_than_he_can_chew.jpg

sikpupy
08/16/2009, 11:19 AM
Niiiiiiiiiiiice, lol.

NaH2Ofreak
08/16/2009, 11:36 AM
LOL! Beautiful!

Dennis

melev
08/16/2009, 07:58 PM
I'm happy that I'm not having to 'waste' any Crown Royal Reserve on my reef. More for me. :D

skanderson
08/16/2009, 09:06 PM
i am currently dosing vodka but only because a had a bottle of smirnoffs thats been in my cabinet since the first bush administration. when it is gone i will be switching to rum. nothing says tropics like rum and i am always getting bottles of bacardi given to me.

melev
08/16/2009, 09:34 PM
Once you find a rum that is the equivalent to ethanol, let us know. For now, vodka is the cheapest solution that works. ;)