PDA

View Full Version : Updating ACIII

dflad
08/16/2009, 04:46 PM
So my firmware is version 3.1S. I need to get it up to at least 3.3 because I want to run an aquasurf. However, I only have access to Macs and I can not get it to push the firmware across. I tried it out on my work PC, but I also can not get the firmware to update. Any ideas? I have followed the instructions in the readme file, however, i have no idea how to turn off the firewall on the PC.

ThurlowR
08/16/2009, 05:40 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15540131#post15540131 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dflad
So my firmware is version 3.1S. I need to get it up to at least 3.3 because I want to run an aquasurf. However, I only have access to Macs and I can not get it to push the firmware across. I tried it out on my work PC, but I also can not get the firmware to update. Any ideas? I have followed the instructions in the readme file, however, i have no idea how to turn off the firewall on the PC.
Check here (http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=disable windows xp firewall) :D

dflad
08/16/2009, 07:23 PM
thanks, though the sarcasm of the link could be done without. i do not use Windows save at work and I have IT people to fix the /insert derogatory term here/ of windows there.

Thanks
Paul

ThurlowR
08/16/2009, 07:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15540815#post15540815 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by dflad
thanks, though the sarcasm of the link could be done without. i do not use Windows save at work and I have IT people to fix the /insert derogatory term here/ of windows there.

Thanks
Paul
Didnt mean to offend. Im a mac guy also :D I just thought the link was funny and finally got a chnace to use it. Sorry again.

dflad
08/16/2009, 07:27 PM
oh, ok no harm...just thought it was wicked sarcastic if you werent a PC guy :)

dflad
08/16/2009, 07:41 PM
alas...that did not work either.

Any other tips from anyone. This is a very frustrating experience for something that should be pretty simple. Do I have to do it wirelessly, or is there another way to do this?

sorry again Thurlow, ive just been trying to do this all day, its sorta getting to me.