PDA

View Full Version : Azoo Fans Are Great

Day With 2 Suns
08/17/2009, 07:31 AM
Being a little ancy I decided to add 2 more tanks to my house hold. I got 2 Solana tanks with the 150 watt Metal halide pendent. One has a 14 K and the other a 20 k bulb.

Took some of the rock and sand out of may main tank to set up the Solana's. Let them run a few days with lights on to get adjusted.

Added some Zoo's from my main tank and ran it for a few more days. The water was warm, but how warm was a big surprise to me.

I took the controller off my chiller and I was amazed that the temp of the water was 89 degree's. YIKES, my clams won't survive.

Headed out and bought 2 Azoo fans, the 4 fan combo. Put them to work and by the next morning my water temp was 77 degrees. The true test would be when the halides come on which is at 11 am and shut off at 10 PM. So I checked the temp at 6 PM and to my surprise the temp was 78 degrees and had been holding steady.

So I have to give THUMBS up to the Azoo fans. It dropped the temp in my tanks by 10 degrees.

Now some of my clams are slowly being moved into the Solana to make room for some nicer clams in my main tank.

ps: Any insight on how to take better pictures of clams as they close right up as soon as I swing the light away????

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo207/Iamfirm/1.jpg

http://i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo207/Iamfirm/2-1.jpg

a4twenty
08/17/2009, 01:12 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15542857#post15542857 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Day With 2 Suns
ps: Any insight on how to take better pictures of clams as they close right up as soon as I swing the light away????

acrylic box. it lets you get the camera lense below the surface and stops all the glare. it lets you get beautiful shots of the clams under full light even with the pumps still running.

nice clams too !!!! :)

Day With 2 Suns
08/17/2009, 03:28 PM
Thanks, i have been debating to use my underwater housing unit but the box may be easier

a4twenty
08/17/2009, 05:42 PM
i made mine from some scrap 1/4" acrylic and weld on 16 i had laying around, i am very impressed with the results. i rest the lens directly on the bottom of the box, works good for movies too. :)

cakemanPA
08/17/2009, 07:57 PM
I got an acrylic photo box from Meleev. Great quality and I take some great pics with it and my macro lens.