PDA

View Full Version : which tank?

Moonstream
08/17/2009, 08:41 PM
Im trying to decide which nano to get... I want to put a nano in my room, and am debating between either a 29g AGA or a 24g aquapod...

I have the 29g AGA, as well as the stand. all I'd need would be the light, I also have the opportunity to get the 24AP, and stand, for $100. I figure that for about the same price I could get the light... so, that leads me to the question... which one? I have a 29g biocube and love it, but Ive had AGA tanks in the past and loved them...

vikubz
08/17/2009, 09:00 PM
When in doubt, I always go with more volume. The 29 has 20% more room. Also, by getting the light seperate you have many more options than what comes with the aquapod. I'm thinking for $100 you're talking the power compact version of the aquapod. You could get a light to suit whatever you want to keep as far as corals.

HTH

flying_dutchman
08/18/2009, 03:46 PM
^ +1

Moonstream
08/18/2009, 06:57 PM
I ended up deciding to go with the aquapod, bc the only way the 29g would fit is as a peninsula tank, and it looks odd, plus, the only lights I could find were MH (dont want PC and couldnt find T5) and were min $175 (used lights, mind you) which although a good price is more than I wanted to spend...