PDA

View Full Version : clown needs help

droberts
08/18/2009, 08:17 AM
i noticed last night my black clarki clowns eye is bulging out ! it acts normal he still eats and hangs out by the power head like he always dose. just wondering what would have caused this to happen!

landlord
08/18/2009, 08:37 AM
I have successfully treated pop-eye in my Onyx clowns using Maracyn 2 (wide spectrum anti-biotic/fungal)

If he/she scraped his/her eye (physical damage) I'm not sure what to tell you.

Kurt

patriots81
08/18/2009, 09:19 AM
sounds like pop-eye

clownfish 15208
08/18/2009, 09:33 AM
stress can causes it

droberts
08/18/2009, 09:49 AM
will it go away if left untreated? i will look for a anti-fungal treatment tonight at the lfs. it could be stress related due to the fact that my cinnamon clown is very territorial and he chases the clarki alot. cant wait to get the 125 cycled !!

landlord
08/18/2009, 10:24 AM
If cannot say for sure if it will go away untreated. Are you not able to catch and quarantine this fella?

Multiple clowns will definitely cause one or both much stress. Might want to reconsider if you still can. If your cin's are like my tomatos they will not tolerate any others.

droberts
08/18/2009, 01:27 PM
they have all been together for about 6 months with little problems just recently i got a bta and its definitely the cinnamon clowns he will chase away anything that gets to close to it. he even pecks at my hand when its in the tank to feed the corals and the anemones. he is very territorial he is also one of my first fish for that tank about a year old now. hes the grumpy old man of the reef!!