PDA

View Full Version : darn those cleaner shrimps

Caetano_Thiago
08/19/2009, 12:16 AM
i know there is a majority of people here that have shrimps that do nothing but hide. but for some reason my shrimp just dont feel like doing that. both of mine hang out all day next to the anemone that my clown fish have hosted to. they are there allllll dayyyyy.. and now the chromie that i added in is doing the same thing just hanging out with them.. its not really a prob. but i just wish they would find their own lil areas.. the only fish in the group that does his own thing is my firefish. i took a pic with my phone to show you guys lol. http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c237/thiago_caetano/0818092311.jpg

Mopar Reefer
08/19/2009, 05:51 AM
Give it time and I'm sure they will establish their own territories. My 2 cleaner shrimps hang out with each other all day under a rock shelf and seem completley content.

Sugar Magnolia
08/19/2009, 07:42 AM
That's perfectly natural behavior for cleaner shrimp. They set up shop, their cleaning station, for the fish to come to for cleaning. They will wander around in search of food, but generally return to, and hang out in the same area.

jon1985
08/19/2009, 07:43 AM
my peppermint shrimp follows my cleaner shrip around the whole tank.

jlemoine2
08/19/2009, 10:07 AM
The shrimp could be waiting to pick food out of the anemone. All the shrimp I've ever had tended to gravitate around LPS, because I would target feed them.

+1 on Adrienne's suggestion, cleaners do like to setup shop for fish to come by.

eyesinthedrk
08/19/2009, 12:20 PM
after keeping 5 to 10 gallon fresh water tanks my whole life you can imagine how excited i was to get my first big 90 gal tank and start a salt water aquarium,

yet the 2 clowns 1 damsel and 3 dart goby's all stayed together in a space that could have easily fit in a 10 gal tank, go figure, but as time has passed all things have spread out

sedor
08/19/2009, 12:47 PM
LOL that is hilarious, you need to put up a little sign that says "The Rock" and turn it into a fishy night club where all the cool fish hang out.