PDA

View Full Version : Stocking a 90 gallon with Reef Safe stock? Need help! Look at my list...

AquaWave523
08/19/2009, 05:44 AM
I'm having trouble finding hardy fish that are compatible with my reef tank. Here's my current list, can anyone recommend any other fish I can keep in here? I was on Live Aquaria and I cant figure out what else to add....any help would be great!!!! Please mention if i can have two or not, and if the specimen are compatible? I want a gobby and blenny and some say not compatible etc.,

Thanks!
AW523

-----------
Current stock:
2 False Percula Clowns
3 Blue/Green Chromis

I'm not going to buy each and everyone of these fishes but they will be considered options for the tank:
Royal Gramma
Yellow Tang
Bi-color blenny
Blue Tang (small, will upgrade in future when gets bigger)
Clown Goby
Anemone
Cleaner Shrimp

......that's all i can think of?

Sugar Magnolia
08/19/2009, 07:53 AM
Here's a compatability chart - http://www.liveaquaria.com/general/compatibility_chart.cfm

If you do go with a royal gramma and the yellow tang, those should be put in last since they are the most aggressive.

jlemoine2
08/19/2009, 10:12 AM
There are a number of different wrasses you can get as well. They come in every size and color you could want. They do come in reef-safe and fish-only varieties, but most charts will distinguish them properly.

You could also choose between a couple different dwarf angels, such as a flame, coral beauty.

With a 90 gallon, you have a many options.

JLAURIA751
08/19/2009, 10:32 AM
I woulden't go with a royal gramma they hide all day and only come out when you feed the tank. the tangs are a good choice they help keep your algea under control

AquaWave523
08/19/2009, 11:21 AM
Hmm...i thought dwarf angels nip on corals and so do coral beauty?

ScarletReef
08/19/2009, 11:44 AM
I couldn't speak for all Royal Grammas, but mine is out all the time. She is a bit aggressive, but it hasn't bothered the other fish thus far. I have a Firefish also, and I really enjoy watching it. They are reef safe and interesting.

AquaWave523
08/19/2009, 11:54 AM
Im not too interested in the firefishes, they appear slow and floaty. Can anyone recommend a dwarf angel that wont bother the fish and corals?

SleepyJ
08/19/2009, 02:10 PM
Fish are hit or miss, but I have heard many folks complain about dwarf angels and clown gobies nipping at corals.

FirstContact
08/19/2009, 02:46 PM
I have a dwarf angel (key hole angel). It likes to pick at my coral (2 small plugs: just starting!). But, yes, I read all the time it depends on the individual fish.