PDA

View Full Version : little white tube? worms

Decaco
08/19/2009, 06:40 PM
it appears to be little white tube worms multiplying in my tank. it has been up for almost 3 months within the last couple weeks they have really started multiplying. at first they were only on a couple rocks in dt. now on alot of rocks and also the glass in the sump. some appear to have a red head or tail coming out they are very small about 1/2 inch maybe for the whole tube. can i control growth of this with some fish or something. i do have a koko worm in the tank so whatever i get cannot mess with that. any options are appreciated.

T Man
08/19/2009, 07:14 PM
Feather duster/ glass type worms come and go on a new reef, seeking the ideal flow and light they are quickly overcome by competition for the same.
There is a multitude of worms, crustations and alga to appear on a new reef - all part of a healthy system. Your cocoworm will be just fine! T

Decaco
08/20/2009, 05:52 PM
ok they r featherdusters, can these move on there own. what competition would they have. they just seem to outbreaking all over..

100%hydrophylic
08/20/2009, 06:05 PM
they are good, so dont worry about them, and by move? what do you mean? the tube is a hard shell and doesnt move. they help filter out extra stuff in the water.

Mopar Reefer
08/20/2009, 07:30 PM
There good for the tank being filter feeders and all, no worries!