PDA

View Full Version : AquaC EV-180 Silencing???

robertshear
08/19/2009, 06:32 PM
I set up my sump/refuge and my skimmer is loud! Mostly its the water draining and hitting the water in the sump.. I figured I could build something with pvc to make it flow into the water instead of falling into it, but do not want to hurt the performance of the skimmer. Has anybody done this before?
Thanks, Rob

BrokeColoReefer
08/19/2009, 08:53 PM
you can take a piece of acrylic or glas and make a ramp down to the sump. the water will slide down the ramp and go into the sump dead silent.

Hal
08/20/2009, 10:38 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15560016#post15560016 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by BrokeColoReefer
you can take a piece of acrylic or glas and make a ramp down to the sump. the water will slide down the ramp and go into the sump dead silent.
+1
Or you can plumb PVC to the output of the skimmer at a 45 degree angle and achieve the same result. That's what I did. Just drill a small airhole above the waterline so that you don't create a siphon or get burping. I plumbed in a T fitting and used on of the open ends of the T as my air vent. I can also lood through the open end of the T to visually check the flow of water.