PDA

View Full Version : TDS Meter

edandsandy
08/22/2009, 10:05 AM
I am having issues with the meter and I am second guessing my installation.

When you read the instructions in the TDS meter pkg it notes that you test the supply and the product. This leads me to think testing the water before it enters the first filter (1st stage) and after it leaves the last filter (DI stage II).

The dwg on the WEB site has the supply side testing after the 1st,2nd,3rd stages and prior to the membrane and DI stages…
This leads me to believe that the membrane and DI stages are the only stages that effect the TDS reading? Yes/No?

My problem is that when I install per the WEB site DWG the meter reads zero on the supply and one on the product side?

Thefilterguys
08/22/2009, 11:44 AM
Sandy thanks for calling also. As I explained what you want to read in the performance of your membrane and your DI like the drawing. The instructions with the meter are for an RO system with no DI. We talked about your DI reading and the fact it is exhausted and now starting to throw back therefore the reading of one which will climb higher. Also the fact that your RO reading is somewhere below one so you get the zero reading after RO. Even though I answered this on the phone I am answering it here so anyone with the same question can learn.

Jim