PDA

View Full Version : DC8 mysteriously stopped working

gummyworms
08/22/2009, 08:51 PM
Hello,

I have been a happy Aquacontroller Jr. owner until very recently.

Unfortunately, my DC8 has mysteriously stopped working. The Aquacontroller is fine, and the DC8 has a steady green light. Upon sending a command to the DC8, the green light flashes to indicate receiving the command, but nothing happens, all of the outlets are stuck in off mode. I have them all set to "On" through the controller, but a desk fan and nightlight plugged into the outlets do not turn on.

I have unplugged the controller and DC8 multiple times and run the self-test with a "passed" result.

Because of the green light flash, I am fairly certain that the controller and DC8 are communicating just fine, but for some reason, the outlets are stuck in "Off" mode. Please help!

-Shawn

kenargo
08/23/2009, 10:44 AM
The flashing light indicates it received a valid command, not one for it in particular.

Assuming nothing has changed (e.g., switches) you might want to contact Neptune; I don't know if there is a separate breaker for the outlets vs power to the control circuits bet what you describe sounds like it...

Mikoruni
08/31/2009, 05:44 PM
Was this issue ever resolved, because I am having the exact same problem. If it was resolved, pray tell.

Leo

gummyworms
08/31/2009, 07:37 PM
Yep. I contacted Neptune support and spoke to Curt, who replied very quickly and was exactly right about the problem.

I actually brought the DC8 to Neptune's headquarters in San Jose, CA. The issue was a blown fuse in the unit. I was unable to open the DC8 myself (removed 8 screws and still could not open it), but Curt opened it up and replaced the fuse and fixed it. Here was his email to me.

Hi,
What is the serial number of the DC8? If it is less than 5000, then there is an internal fuse, and I suspect that it is blown.

Curt

Hope that helps!