PDA

View Full Version : TDS problem after changing filters.


SCIFI_3D_zoo
08/22/2009, 10:02 PM
First of all... I've been getting about 50-100 TDS going "IN" and "0" OUT, and about 40 PSI. THis is a OCEAN REEF + 1.

I saw my TDS was about "1" OUT and figured I'd change everything, EXCEPT the Membrane, since it's been awhile since the last change.

I changed everything but the Membrane. Sediment filter pretty simple. The 2 diff. Matrix filters.. maybe I put them backwards (Stage 2 and 3) but that should NOT matter. I bought a pack of media to manually change the DI canister instead of throwing it out. The bag on that reads... Chloramine Master.

Problem is... my TDS is saying "1" IN and "17" OUT. I have no idea what happened. The PSI is now about 45. Nothing else changed.

SCIFI_3D_zoo
08/23/2009, 09:12 AM
This morning TDS was "40" in and "20" out. So the IN is more normal now.

SCIFI_3D_zoo
08/23/2009, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the PM from you guys. I got it figured out. I had to look on a separate DI resin page. I looked on the general filter page and accidentally bought chloramine carbon.