PDA

View Full Version : When should I do my water tests?

Ross_A
08/25/2009, 08:50 AM
I currently do weekly water testing and changes once per week mid day. Is their a time of day during the light cycle that I should test my water? I imagine the most important factor is to test consistently around the same time every week.

tmz
08/25/2009, 09:58 AM
Consistent time is important. You may want to test ph before the lights go on from time to time for comparision to mid day and an estimate of drop during non p[hotsyntetic periods. I also test before dosung, particularly alkalinity.

bertoni
08/25/2009, 02:28 PM
I agree that testing at a consistent time is important. The pH in the morning is usually the low point, so I agree it's worth measuring then from time to time.

Flipper62
08/26/2009, 01:30 AM
I like to do my tests two times a day. Not every day, but around 3 times a week.

I like to do them early in the day, before the lights come on. Then later in the day, about 1 to 2 hours before the lights go off. But around the same times.

Then I compare them from test to test & week to week

Also every 4 to 6 weeks, I take some water into my LFS and see what levels that they get. I do this just to make sure that my kits are ok.