PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Filter Crapped out!

thedonjuan
08/26/2009, 12:13 PM
My filter which is a Via aqua multi skimmer 2 which has a protein skimmer and uv sterilizer has been working fine for the last 8 months but now has took a dive and is beyond repair. I don't want to get the same one so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what type of filter works good. I am also looking in to getting a sea clone protein skimer and am just looking for something else to filter the water.

GSMguy
08/26/2009, 12:23 PM
no worries, i had that skimmer it was ok (better than a remora) but still nothing to be happy about.

the Sea clown is the worst skimmer ever made....

there are a few good skimmers out there for that size tank

tunze 9002
warner marine h1
SWC bh 500
bubble magnus hang on.

thedonjuan
08/26/2009, 02:32 PM
Cool thanks but what about getting a filter? still a little new so I am wondering do I really need a filter or should I try old school with no filter but the rock and sand?

luther1200
08/26/2009, 03:01 PM
I would just get a sump and a good skimmer. As long as you have enough live rock. How much LR do you have? And how much sand do you have?

thedonjuan
08/27/2009, 10:32 AM
It's written under my current tank description. About 25 lbs of live rock and 30 of live sand. Do some protein skimmer come with a sump or is that something seperate. Sorry if that's a dumb question. Still a little new at the hobby