PDA

View Full Version : Snow white green wrasse?

patsfan1130
08/27/2009, 07:13 AM
Hey guys

Yesterday I took a wrasse from a club member who is getting out of the hobby. He said it was a green wrasse. when he arrived and placed it in QT, I noticed it is completely white. No markings at all. While I know there can be many color variations for fish. I have not seen one quite like this. I will get a pic up as soon as I can find my camera but wanted to know if anyone has any reference for such a wrasse. His shape certainly looks like Halichoeres chloropterus.

RedClay
08/27/2009, 07:41 AM
Just a thought, but maybe he is nervous/slightly stressed from the move and has changed his coloration accordingly. Most if not all fish are capable of varying their coloration to a certain degree and a lot of it depends on mood. If he has changed color due to stress, it will change back when he is acclimated/comfortable

patsfan1130
08/27/2009, 07:47 AM
Agreed. I dont think that's the case here however. It's not a pale white. It's a bright, vibrant white. he's eating very well, very active and overall looks to be in great health. I'll be keeping a close eye on him. Thanks for the input Red.

LUVSPS
08/27/2009, 11:34 AM
Here is my Green wrasse

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb3/Mothersweets/IMG_1849-1.jpg

Does yours look like this only white?

michael_cb_125
08/27/2009, 11:54 AM
Pictures!

~Michael

patsfan1130
08/27/2009, 12:34 PM
Yes, It looks like that only 100% white. I know, I know. we just got back from vacation & I cant find the camera from when the wife upacked everything. worse case will be later tonight when she gets home from work.

Thanks guys. I am really curious to know what you think when you do see the pics.