PDA

View Full Version : Fish going without food question-

tryptal
08/27/2009, 08:26 AM
Hi,

I have a 24 gallon nano- about 6 months established.. with the following live stock: 2 small Ocellaris, 1 Yasha Haze Goby, 1 Rainsford Goby, and a pretty standard clean up crew led by a cleaner shrimp-

I have a decent pod population it seems at night. I'm going away for a week and have someone coming to feed the tank, but close to the end of my trip the person can't come back- So the tank might have to go 3 days with no food, maybe even into a 4th day.

My question was how bad is this for the tank and do you think any of these fish will die from something like that?

Any feedback would be appreciated-

Thanks,
TryP

stunreefer
08/27/2009, 08:59 AM
Assuming your fish are healthy and fat they should be fine - just not happy ;)

BrianD
08/27/2009, 09:04 AM
Love those yasha gobies!

Agree with Austin, they will survive. You might look into an automatic fish feeder to ease your mind (and their stomachs).

Gwynhidwy
08/27/2009, 09:34 AM
I agree that they should be fine. I have been told that if absolutely necessary, fat and healthy fish can go two weeks without food and not suffer any long term effects. Of course, I'm not sure my fish, who all eat 4+ times each day, would agree. :D

Western_reefer
08/27/2009, 09:37 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=15602711#post15602711 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Gwynhidwy
I agree that they should be fine. I have been told that if absolutely necessary, fat and healthy fish can go two weeks without food and not suffer any long term effects. Of course, I'm not sure my fish, who all eat 4+ times each day, would agree. :D
+1! LOL