PDA

View Full Version : Apex cannot delete module

vietcu
08/28/2009, 08:23 AM
I just got my apex a couple of days ago. Trying to set this thing up and running into a little problem. This my first time owning a controller so I might be doing something wrong. I got the display hooked up to the module that has all the connections. The Eb8 is hooked up to that module also. I have another dc8 that is connected to the eb8 via telephone line. What I am getting on the display is 2 eb8 and one display_1 on the module screen. Everytime I tried to delete one of the Eb8, it goes through the process of deleting the module, but then it comes right back after. I now how numerous numbers of outlets that I cannot delete no matter what I try. Any help here?

kenargo
08/28/2009, 08:47 AM
The firmware that shipped in the Apex cannot delete modules, that was added in the beta firmware. If you would rather wait for the new firmware to be released (rather than beta) it will not hurt anything and there is a telnet command to clear out the extra modules; contact Neptune and they can walk you through the process (you will need a network connection to the Apex).

vietcu
08/28/2009, 10:59 PM
Here is a workaround to deleting the extra EB8. I am not sure if it works or not but so far it hasn't come back. I used a 12v DC to connect the display and the base module. Tried deleting the eb8 that I could not before and it seems to be gone. Going to add it back to the EB8 to see what happens.